Caramel Apple Sheet Cake
Hello and Happy Thursday! Happy Thanksgiving to my American readers! What are you all cooking up for dinner today?
I decided last night I'd make a mini thanksgiving dinner today too, for fun. Which is kind of weird because on Saturday I'm making an early Christmas dinner also, so we can celebrate with my sister before we're on vacation for the month of December. Bring on the turkey dinners!
Also, I started my daily workouts again a few days ago and I am so sore today. A pretty good feeling though. And I feel like it means I can reward myself with some Caramel Apple Sheet Cake for dessert!
I love apple desserts. Apple pie is my second favorite pie, after blueberry. I think this stems from picking ice cream buckets of blueberries at the lake as a kid. Still LOVE blueberry pie. And then apple. This recipe kind of reminds me of a candied apple also.
This sheet cake has apple grated into the batter and a Salted Caramel Sauce poured right on top. I garnished with a bit of Fleur de Sel also, because I have it and like it. So good. Hope you try it and love it. It's a big cake also, so make it for a group!
Caramel Apple Sheet Cake
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 300 grams (2 ½ cup) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup buttermilk (homemade is fine)
- 1 apple (grated (I used a Gala))
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Line a 12 x 16 quarter sheet pan with parchment paper. (I spray the edges also.)
- Mix the dry ingredients together in a medium bowl.
- Mix the vanilla and buttermilk together in a small bowl.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer (or by hand) cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs and combine.
- Alternate adding the wet and dry ingredients, beginning and ending with dry.
- Fold in the grated apple.
- Spread mixture on sheet pan, using an offset spatula to reach corner if necessary.
- Bake for about 25 minutes, or until fully cooked.
- Let cool and top with my caramel sauce, if desired.
Nutritional information is an estimate only, intended for informational purposes, and not to be used as medical or dietary advice. The estimate is based on a nutrition calculator and every recipe will vary slightly depending on the products you use in your home. This estimate is per serving. Your nutrition facts could vary. Changing the serving size on the recipe card may affect ingredient amounts, nutrition, prep time, and/or cook time.
If you liked this recipe, check my sidebar to follow me by email, or click below to subscribe to have new recipe posts sent straight to your email address.
Share photos of your creations using my recipes and hashtag them #pipercooks on Instagram or tag me there @checkforpulse I'd love to see them!
Enjoy your day!